Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Linda's Journal - June 28, 2011

Well, we returned home safe and sound on June 15th… a bit tired from our redeye flight home but still safe and sound :)  We had a great time at the reunion and seeing all the family again.  On Saturday we played games (like last year) and Tom’s team won the prize!  I won last year so we have to keep up the winning streak :)  Uncle Jean had a stroke a week or two before the reunion so we were all very concerned about him but he seemed to do just fine.  I think he enjoyed seeing everyone and being able to be a part of another reunion.  Saturday night we threw a surprise wedding shower for Sarah and Mike since most of us will not be able to attend the wedding in Canada in August.  They were very surprised and blessed by all the love and attention that was lavished on them.

Not surprisingly, in all the Lord’s goodness, He provided all the money we needed to make the reunion and expenses happen!  The weekend of the full house I think all the guests felt sorry for me knowing I was here by my self so I got the best tips we have ever gotten!  Then, the house/pet sitting and the wedding provided even more!  So, God came through with flying colors with the provision we needed to stay at a hotel, pay for the reunion expenses and buy a couple meals here and there while we were there… we were even able to give Mike and Sarah a shower gift and Adam and Candis an anniversary gift.  Just like God knew what He was doing and He planned the whole thing or something! :)

It took Tom a couple of days to get back to NC time and get adjusted to the hot and humid weather… I really don’t think he wanted to come back until winter! :)

The trip did seem like another whirlwind for me though.  I was so busy trying to get ready to go, and then before I knew it, I was back again.  I don’t think I got much R&R but I did have a great time with the family.  It was hard to rest knowing my time was so short there and I wanted to spend as much time with them as I could.

The last day we were there I was able to get together with my friend Blanca who recently “friended” me on Face Book.  I had not seen her in almost 20 years!  It was so great to get together and catch up with her.  She had gotten married in the last 20 years so we met her husband as well.  They both had been going to Hope Chapel when we left so we talked a lot about the Lord and what He has been doing in our lives.  It was good stuff :)

So now, we are back and getting back into the groove of the Inn, the guests and the Lord’s work.  We don’t have another wedding scheduled until August 11th so we have a month off for weddings but I know that God has His plans for us so we just need to keep our eyes on Him.

Father, I thank you so much for, as always, taking such good care of us.  Your provision is always there and it is always enough… and sometimes even a little extra!  “Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O LORD, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love!” (Psalms 36:5-7)

No comments: