Thursday, March 18, 2010

Linda's Journal - March 18, 2010

I feel like things are still shifting and moving and God is funneling us in a certain direction… that only HE knows. The intimacy class is coming to an end as we only have two more nights to meet after next weeks break. It has certainly been an “eye opening” class and we have learned so much but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at this point. Maybe taking this next week off will help my heart, mind and spirit to get a grip on all that we have been learning and catch up a bit! I do need some time to absorb what we have been learning.  Tom and I talked about starting the book over again and going through all the information when the class is over and going at a slower pace so we can pick up things we might have missed.

I have had several new women referred to me in the last few weeks and since I am not doing the group I am meeting them one on one… which is taking more and more of my time. I am still not hearing anything from the Lord regarding starting the group again so I pray that He gives me what I need to continue to meet with these ladies! I am meeting a new girl this morning and wondering how I will fit her in on a regular basis…  Lord I thank you that you are Lord of the “dance”! (The phrase “Lord of the Dance” has come to mind several times lately!....  Hmmm I sense God preparing me for another awesome revelation J)

The Inn has been quiet the last couple of weeks but we are expecting a guest this weekend and the next. I pray that I will be “ready” when we are at “full blast”! The Lord has cleared our schedule of most of our “regular” group type meetings and I am feeling like the Lord is asking me to set aside another once a month meeting with some lady friends of mine. It is probably so that I have more time for the guests and for the new ladies He is bringing to me… at least that is what I THINK He is doing :)

This morning’s True Vine reminded me of a neat revelation that Tom shared with me after a meeting with one of his men’s groups regarding being a “disciple” of Christ as opposed to just being a “Christian”. The Lord, in the last couple of years, has brought our attention to all the many scriptures that speak of “pursuing” your relationship with Him, running the race, pressing in and being careful if you think you are standing firm that you do not fall… and in John 15:6 how any branch that does not remain in Him will be “picked up and thrown in the fire”… and how the “road is wide that leads to destruction” but “small is the gate” that leads to life and “few find it” (Matthew 7:14-15). All these scriptures seem to be contrary to John 3:16 and Romans 9:10 which say that “anyone” who believes and confesses Jesus will be saved…? So, could it be that there are “disciples”, like the inner circle of the 12 and then there are just “followers” of Christ? Here is some of what the True Vine said this morning:

“ Herein is My Father Glorified, that Ye Bear Much Fruit: So Shall Ye Be My Disciples ”  - John15:8

And are those who do not bear much fruit not disciples? They may be, but in a backward and immature stage. Of those who bear much fruit, Christ says: “These are My disciples, such as I would have them be—these are true disciples.” … So our Lord tells who are disciples after His heart, worthy of the name: Those who bear much fruit. … The difference has existed throughout all ages. There have always been a smaller number of God’s people who have sought to serve Him with their whole heart, while the majorities have been content with a very small measure of the knowledge of His grace and will…  And what is the difference between this smaller inner circle and the many who do not seek admission to it? We find it in the words: much fruit.,

I just thought it was interesting that shortly after Tom shared his discussion with the guys on this subject, I read this… The good news is, God’s plan is so much bigger and more “intricate” than we can possibly imagine, and we cannot even come close to knowing all the details of who has eternal life and who doesn’t. I just know that I am responsible to be obedient to what He has called ME to do, and that I need to do it with my whole heart, mind, body and strength… and let Him deal with everyone else. I am so glad that HE is GOD and I am NOT!

No comments: