Saturday, January 16, 2010

Linda's Journal - January 16, 2010

So, Tom and I started the intimacy class last Wednesday. The first class was good, just your basic intro class and there are 20 couples that are a part of this class!! We ended up knowing two of the couples there which was kind of cool :)  But, the next day was even better. Tom and I took a couple hours Thursday morning before I had to go the Gerry and Faye’s and we started reading the book together… it took us two hours just to go through the “introduction” to the book!! Tom and I both are so ready (ripe) to move forward in this area that we both just shared all kinds of things we had never talked about before!!  Then when I got back from Gerry and Faye’s we worked on the actual chapters we were supposed to read from about 7:30 to midnight… it was a long but very good night and again, we worked through some more things that we really should have talked about YEARS ago!! This was a very good start to this class!  If we keep this up we should be about where we should have been about 20 years ago.

We were able to work on it Thursday night because no one from my group was able to come again. I have been in prayer about my group and I feel like the Lord wants to do something different… but I am not sure yet what that is. I talked with Tom about it a little and then I talked to Marsha and got some good thoughts and ideas from her. One of the things that Marsha mentioned was doing “segments’ of time instead of an “ongoing” group. Take about 6 weeks in each quarter and focus on something specific so that the girls have a “starting” and an “ending” time and it won’t seem so overwhelming to feel like you have to come to something every week. That was a good thought… and she also let me know, due to her family schedule, she needed to take off the month of Jan and Feb from the group. Well that just sounded really good to me so I decided to do that as well. That way I can focus on our intimacy study and continue to pray about what God wants to do with that night. I will continue to meet “one-on-one” with the girls that want to meet and continue with my emails and phone calls so they don’t feel abandoned, but will let God direct my time on Thursday nights the way HE wants it to go and not the way I think it should go.

Lord, again, I thank you for your amazing faithfulness and your loving kindness and detail in caring for us and our lives. You continue to amaze me with Your love, compassion and caring that you pour out upon us, your children. Lord, my heart continues to desire MORE OF YOU! Holy Spirit I continue to pray for help to walk more in YOU and less in my flesh. I continue to want to learn more about how I can walk more in the Spirit and see what amazing things You can do and not just settle for what I have now. More of You Lord and less of ME, in Jesus name I pray!

No comments: