Monday, January 4, 2010

Linda's Journal - January 4, 2010

God has such a great sense of humor.  I have tried in so many ways, (via nagging, encouraging, reasoning…) to help Tom to want to get more exercise in his life.  When I finally give up and say “Ok God, I give up” He says, “watch this” and brings the geese.  Yep, geese.  I don’t know why, but for some reason (only God knows since He created him) Tom is very passionate about chasing the geese away from the lake!! No matter what time of day or how cold or no matter what he is doing, if he hears geese coming in for a landing, he is outside chasing the geese away!! I love it!! One day Beth came over when he was doing this and Beth said, “Tell Tom he doesn't have to do that” and I said “I am not telling him that!” It is the only thing that I have seen so far that will get him outside running around!! God, you are too funny :)

So, back to the “theme” of “intimacy” this year...  I got yet another email for a couples Bible study that starts this month!! I sent it to Tom and mentioned that it was too weird that this was the second “intimacy” email I had gotten this year… and it’s only the 4th day. It is on Wednesday nights and Tom has a men’s Bible study on Wednesday’s so I just threw it at him to see how he felt about it. Guess what. He registered us to attend tonight!! How cool is that!??  I am so excited to see what God is going to do. Talk about an answer to prayer!

The weather has been really cold lately!!  The top of the pond actually froze up and Romeo had to be an Ice breaker to get to his food this morning!  The little ducks were actually walking on it!  I got some pictures of it because it was so cool looking. They are saying we may get some snow on Friday… we will see what happens.

Lord, I thank you for your attention to detail, your provision, your faithfulness, love, grace and mercy.  There are so many other things I could list but you know my heart and how much I love you.  I pray that you will help me each day to surrender to YOU and die to my flesh.  In Jesus name I pray.

No comments: