Thursday, January 7, 2010

Linda's Journal - January 7,2010

So, in my time with the Lord this morning I picked up my “Authentic Relationships’" book to read the next chapter for my group tonight and guess what… it was a chapter on prayer!!… Yet another wonderful and quick answer to my prayer!  Lord, you are amazing :)  So, in this chapter Wayne Jacobson really hit on what it means to “pray in the name of Jesus”. He offered that it meant that we would pray with the same love, compassion and empathy that Jesus prayed with. He also mentioned that it is hard to pray for people you really don’t know and encouraged us to build those relationships so that our prayers would be filled with love and compassion for those we are praying for.  Anyway, I loved what Wayne said about prayer and agreed more with what he was saying about prayer than what Andrew was saying. Again, Lord, I don’t want to stick to things I am comfortable with but if I need to move out of my comfort zone, then please push me out of my “easy chair” and into the direction you want me to be challenged in and move me there!

No comments: